Friday, July 20, 2012

Adventure park

 A few Saturdays ago, Jesse was finishing up a training class that he had been at all week, and so I found myself with the kids by myself. This, of course, is no different from any other day of the week. It's just different when it's a Saturday. You know what I mean? Anyway, Cammi had offered to take the boys to a movie, so that gave me about 2 hours with just Olivia. I had a few places I needed to go, so off she and I went. At one point we were sitting eating lunch, and I realized that we had sat the entire lunch in silence. And it didn't bother either of us. I in fact, loved it! I really could get used to just having this one! Anyway, the movie (Brave) ended up being too scary for the boys, so they left a little before it was over. I met up with them, and then we headed over to Adventure Park USA. It was their birthday celebration, and there were a few extra events going on, and tickets were on sale. I got the boys all day kids passes, and Olivia, being under 3 was free!
Ever since we went to the Zoo with our cousins, Nate and Graham have been asking to get their face painted. One of the reasons that we went was because they had face painting there that day. When it came down to it, Graham decided not to do it, but Nate got this weird green horn mask. He liked it.

 They went on the rides.

 And we got in a few rounds of mini-golf.
 This is how Olivia felt about mini-golf.
 Eventually Daddy was able to join us, and they did everything again, including another round of golf.

 If even Olivia needs to get closer to the ground, how close is close enough?

The kids had a ton of fun, and of course still ask when we will go again. (Next summer, that is the answer.) There aren't a ton of things around here that don't involve a ton of driving, a ton of traffic or a ton of money. It's nice to ignore those things though and do something fun though for a change.

No comments: